Before I understood what perfectionism *really* is, I thought it was a positive personality trait and I didn’t think it was one I had. Perfectionists are neat, tidy and organised – right?
The more I talk about the perfectionist mindset, the more misconceptions I hear. So in this episode, I’m sharing some of the biggest misconceptions about perfectionism in the hope it’ll make you a little more willing to let go of perfectionism and get into a growth mindset.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Whether perfectionists are neat, tidy and organised
- What perfectionism really is and where this way of thinking comes from
- Why perfectionism doesn’t make us more successful
- How perfectionism actually stops us from achieving our goals, rather than helping us
- Why being a perfectionist doesn’t mean you’re broken
- The truth about whether it’s possible to escape the perfectionist mindset for good
Featured In The Episode:
- Episode 45: 10 Signs You’re A Perfectionist
- Episode 57: 7 Differences Between Perfectionists + High Achievers
- Episode 93: Pursuing Your Potential Versus Protecting Your Potential
- Episode 100: The 5 Biggest Growth Mindset Mistakes Perfectionists Make
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 132 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast