Even though I write about a lot of things that are very personal to me, I feel like I haven’t really said much about who I am. And that’s mainly because I suffer from thinking I’m an extremely boring, average person with nothing new to say. But this isn’t really true of me (and it’s not true of you either) so I thought that even though I think I’m a pretty boring person I’d share anyway.
Since I turned 24 a few weeks ago, I thought I’d share 24 things I love (and yes, I know a lot of them aren’t actual ‘things’ but you get the idea). So here they are, in no particular order:
- Anything to do with breakfast, especially oats.
- Indoor greenery. Everywhere.
- Laughing until I cry/my cheeks hurt from smiling.
- Singing and dancing in my car like a crazy person.
- Podcasts, interviews, commencement speeches, TED talks.
- Reading the lovely emails and comments I get from the readers of this blog (thank you!)
- Organising my bedroom and my life in general. I’m a fan of the plan.
- A big glass of icy cold water with a straw.
- Reading books. Listening to other people read books. Talking about books. Blogging about books. Having pretty books on my bookshelf.
- Inspirational quotes. Plus anything Oprah has ever said. And Steve Pavlina’s blog.
- Cats (because they make me love them by playing hard to get).
- Dogs (because they’re always so happy to see you – but don’t get me wrong, I am a cat person).
- Cider and vodka. Preferably not mixed together.
- Spontaneous weekend trips.
- The sound of rain (thank you rainymood.com).
- Super deep, real, honest, meaningful conversations.
- Hugging. Spooning. Cuddling. Snuggling.
- Online TV (Grey’s, Kardashians, How To Get Away With Murder, Revenge, Suits, Rachel Zoe Project, Pretty Little Liars, The OC, Homeland, Entourage, Gossip Girl… I could go on).
- Watching online TV while hugging/spooning/cuddling/snuggling.
- Chocolate sultanas and bullets plus anything in or related to the caramel family.
- Bikram Yoga.
- Pretty flowers. In a vase. On my desk.
- Meeting people that I click with straight away.
- Travel – because it forces me outside of my comfort zone in the most exhilarating way.
What are some of your favourite things?
I’d love to know more about you too – what are some things you love?
Don’t forget that comments are always welcome and appreciated – I’d LOVE to hear what you think!