I’ve been wanting to start sharing a bit more of myself on this blog.
Even though I write about a lot of things that are very personal to me, I feel like I haven’t really said much about who I am. And that’s mainly because I suffer from thinking I’m an extremely boring, average person with nothing new to say. But this isn’t really true of me (and it’s not true of you either) so I thought that even though I think I’m a pretty boring person I’d share anyway.
Since I turned 24 a few weeks ago, I thought I’d share 24 things I love (and yes, I know a lot of them aren’t actual ‘things’ but you get the idea). So here they are, in no particular order:
- Anything to do with breakfast, especially oats.
- Indoor greenery. Everywhere.
- Laughing until I cry/my cheeks hurt from smiling.
- Singing and dancing in my car like a crazy person.
- Podcasts, interviews, commencement speeches, TED talks.
- Reading the lovely emails and comments I get from the readers of this blog (thank you!)
- Organising my bedroom and my life in general. I’m a fan of the plan.
- A big glass of icy cold water with a straw.
- Reading books. Listening to other people read books. Talking about books. Blogging about books. Having pretty books on my bookshelf.
- Inspirational quotes. Plus anything Oprah has ever said. And Steve Pavlina’s blog.
- Cats (because they make me love them by playing hard to get).
- Dogs (because they’re always so happy to see you – but don’t get me wrong, I am a cat person).
- Cider and vodka. Preferably not mixed together.
- Spontaneous weekend trips.
- The sound of rain (thank you rainymood.com).
- Super deep, real, honest, meaningful conversations.
- Hugging. Spooning. Cuddling. Snuggling.
- Online TV (Grey’s, Kardashians, How To Get Away With Murder, Revenge, Suits, Rachel Zoe Project, Pretty Little Liars, The OC, Homeland, Entourage, Gossip Girl… I could go on).
- Watching online TV while hugging/spooning/cuddling/snuggling.
- Chocolate sultanas and bullets plus anything in or related to the caramel family.
- Bikram Yoga.
- Pretty flowers. In a vase. On my desk.
- Meeting people that I click with straight away.
- Travel – because it forces me outside of my comfort zone in the most exhilarating way.
What are some of your favourite things?
I’d love to know more about you too – what are some things you love?
Don’t forget that comments are always welcome and appreciated – I’d LOVE to hear what you think!
I also love books, especially YA novels because I will always be 17 at heart. And cold water on hot summer days. Travelling to the beach and going to Disney. And tulips! Happy belated birthday! I hope it’s a great one.
Thanks so much for sharing! I love young adult novels too, should have written that haha and the beach! Haha all these things I’ve forgotten. Thanks for sharing some more about you! And thanks for the birthday wishes 🙂
I LOVE young adult novels! Thanks for sharing some of the things you love!
At the moment, I am loving the cooler weather (it’s a good excuse to sleep in, dress like it’s winter and cook warming comfort food), watching the vampire diaries (so addictive!) during my study breaks, and herbal tea (one called Sleepytime Vanilla is my favourite).
Thanks for sharing! I really want to get into vampire diaries I have so many friends that are addicted to it! And winter clothing (boots and scarves) is the best!
Thanks for your comment and thanks so much for sharing! I’ll have to try that tea!
Great list, I enjoyed reading it haha, the cider + vodka but not together part made me giggle.
I too love travel, dogs, and a bunch of other things on this list! A current newfound love is TOAST. with a little bit of butter on it. So random, but I’ve been digging it lately.
Thanks for sharing 🙂
Thanks so much for your comment, I really appreciate it!
Omg yes toast is the best. Since I’m an Aussie I can’t go past butter and Vegemite on toast but just toast with butter (which is spread on as soon as the toast comes out) is amazing, especially raisin toast!
Thanks so much for sharing Katia! And toast is actually the best, especially with melted butter
This is a great list! I’m glad that you want to share more about yourself with us. I’m a fan of PLL and gossip girl as well. Reading and DIYs are my top favorite hobbies. 🙂 Looking forward to learn more about you! Thanks for sharing. I’m not sure if I wished you a Happy Birthday or not. Happy Belated Birthday Sam 🙂
Thanks so much for your comment and thanks for sharing some of your favourite things!
Thanks so much! xx
Love this and your blog! I’m uploading a 21 facts about me on Wednesday!
Thanks so much for your kind words! I’ll check out your post on Wednesday 🙂
Thanks so much Emma! Love your post on 21 facts about you, I definitely need to get on board with Game of Thrones!
I too am going to join in the fun! I think I will post mine on Wednesday as well.
Really love your blog! Really inspiring x
Nothing beats online TV+cuddling 😉
Thank you so much!
Happy late birthday, beautiful!
Thanks Alex! <3 xx
Such a great post! I love watching TV online too – I’m hooked on reality shows.
Life of Jana
Thanks Jana! What reality shows do you watch? (I love looking for new ones haha)
Love this, as I read through I pretty went ‘Yep’ to every one, we have pretty much the same taste (especially in TV…). Where has rainymood been all my life?!?
Love posts like this. I am thinking that I will do one this week! – Seri from http://www.Serisblog.com
Comments are closed.