Perfectionists love leaving everything until the last minute. It allows them to blame procrastination for a poor outcome and feel extra smart if they manage to pull it all off. But waiting for the last minute is a dangerous habit, especially since most of the important things in life don’t have a deadline!
This raises the question of whether perfectionists should rely on deadlines to become more productive and if so, how they should use them. So that’s what I’m talking about in this episode!
Tune in to learn the real reason perfectionists do their best work under pressure, the different ways that deadlines help perfectionists and the most effective way to use deadlines to become more productive.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why I used to believe that I did my best work at the last minute
- The real reason perfectionists are more productive when they have an external deadline
- Whether deadlines are good or bad for perfectionists
- The important role that deadlines play in achieving goals
- How to use deadlines to become more productive
Featured In The Episode:
- Perfectionists Getting Shit Done – Join the waitlist here
- Episode 73: How To Stop Putting Things Off Until The Last Minute
- Episode 89: How To Turn Any Goal Into A Realistic Action Plan
- Episode 141: 3 Signs You’re Secretly Addicted To Chaos
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 142 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast