Our perfectionism often makes us think that the work we’ve produced isn’t good enough and that we need to re-do it. This usually turns into us doing our work over again and again. And when we get into this habit, it’s very disheartening to even approach a task so we only end up procrastinating on it and putting it off.
In this episode, I’m talking about why I wanted to re-record two podcast episodes and how I came to a decision as to whether or not to let myself do it. If you find yourself re-doing your work so it’s good enough or constantly making little edits then this episode will help you figure out when re-doing your work is self-sabotage and when it’s not.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- What happens if we always let ourselves re-do our work
- How I was able to tell whether re-recording podcast episodes was self-sabotage
- What all-or-nothing thinking has to do with re-doing our work
- Why you can’t listen to your brain every time it says your work isn’t good enough
Featured In The Episode:
- Sign up for Perfectionists Getting Shit Done (PGSD) – samlaurabrown.com/pgsd
- Sign up for daily Perfectionist Power-Ups – samlaurabrown.com/power
- Follow me on Instagram @perfectionismproject
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 315 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast
- Apple Podcasts (iPhone only)
- Google Podcasts (Android only)