While perfectionists want everything in their lives to be perfectly organised, the irony is that they actually stop themselves from creating this reality – without even realising it! And one of the reasons they do this is because of their secret addiction to feeling behind.
Most perfectionists would swear that they don’t want to feel behind, so it can be confronting to realise that you might be manufacturing behindness (if that’s a word!) in your life. In this episode I’m talking about why we do this, 2 signs that you’re secretly addicted to chaos and what to do about it.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why perfectionists can become addicted to feeling behind
- The sneaky ways perfectionists make themselves feel more behind
- The real reason you never feel completely organised
- How feeling behind is secretly serving you
- Two ways that the addiction to feeling behind manifests for perfectionists
- How to stop being addicted to feeling behind
Featured In The Episode:
- Join the waitlist for Perfectionists Getting Shit Done (PGSD) – samlaurabrown.com/pgsd
- Sign up for daily Perfectionist Power-Ups – samlaurabrown.com/power
- Follow me on Instagram @perfectionismproject
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 319 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast
- Apple Podcasts (iPhone only)
- Google Podcasts (Android only)