Principles by Ray Dalio was my business book for January 2019 (I’m reading one business book per month) and I absolutely LOVED it.
Ray Dalio is referred to as the Steve Jobs of investing thanks to the innovations he’s made in the finance industry, but this book was about so much more than the numbers. Not only were there so many incredible business lessons in it, but Ray epitomises the growth mindset and his approach to love is one that’s focused around meaningful work and meaningful relationships at its core. And that’s something I truly admire (and aspire to).
This episode is not a review of the book, but rather the lessons I learned from it. Imagine that we’re sitting down over a chai latte and you said – ‘Weren’t you reading that book by Ray Dalio? How was it?’. This episode is my answer.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- How to approach your life, and your business, with a growth mindset
- The foundational beliefs of one of the top 100 wealthiest people in the world
- Why your career path won’t be linear, and that’s a good thing
- A mindset shift to help you truly be grateful for your failures
- How to motivate yourself to stick to your goals
- My personal takeaways from the book
Featured In The Episode:
- Episode 31 – How To Read More Books
- Episode 81 – How To Make The Most of Self-Help Books
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- Never Split The Difference by Chris Voss
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- Tom Bilyeu’s book list
- Brooke Castillo
- Tim Ferriss
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 86 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast