I’ve learned more lessons from Brené Brown about perfectionism than I can count. And I largely have Brené to thank for the progress I’ve made when it comes to the progress I’ve made with perfectionism. So I thought there would be no better time than now to share 5 life-changing lessons about perfectionism from Brené Brown.
Tune in to hear about the huge breakthrough that Brené Brown helped me to achieve and learn why perfectionism actually hampers achievement, how perfectionism protects us from vulnerability, why perfectionism is not self-improvement, the connection between perfectionism and shame as well as why it’s so important to dare greatly. I hope you enjoy this episode on life-changing lessons about perfectionism from Brené Brown.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- The life-changing breakthrough that Brené Brown helped me to achieve
- How perfectionism differs to healthy striving
- Why perfectionism hampers success
- The 3 tools we have in our ‘vulnerability arsenal’
- The difference between perfectionism and self-improvement
- Why perfectionism is actually a form of shame
- The reason that daring greatly is the key to overcoming perfectionism
Featured In The Episode:
- Our membership community, Perfectionists Getting Shit Done
- Episode 22: How Personal Development Helped Me Overcome Self-Doubt
- Episode 57: 7 Differences Between High Achievers And Perfectionists
- Episode 59: Daring Greatly by Brené Brown: Lessons + Takeaways
- Episode 157: How To Stop A Shame Spiral
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 158 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast