Where we struggle with perfectionism is where we struggle with shame. While shame is an unavoidable human emotion, there are a few things you can do to stop a shame spiral in it’s tracks – so that’s what I’m sharing in this episode!
Tune in to learn a powerful 3 step process I’ve learned from Brené Brown that will help you develop shame resilience and stop a shame spiral. You’ll also discover the 3 key ways we react to shame, how to spot shame in others and why stopping a shame spiral can be so challenging. I also share some of my personal experiences with shame too.
I hope you find this episode helpful! What I share in this episode on how to stop a shame spiral has been completely life-changing for me.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why perfectionists struggle with shame and why shame can’t be avoided
- Whether shame comes from our circumstances or our thoughts
- Some of the most common thoughts that create shame
- What a ‘shame screen’ is and which one you use the most often
- 3 practical steps to stop a shame spiral, as taught by Brené Brown
- Why it can be empowering to acknowledge the physical sensation of shame
- What ‘speaking shame’ means and who you should and shouldn’t speak shame to
Featured In The Episode:
- Our membership community, Perfectionists Getting Shit Done
- Episode 59: Daring Greatly by Brené Brown: Lessons + Takeaways
- Episode 62: How To Stop Negative Self-Talk + Beating Yourself Up
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 157 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!