When we’re people pleasing, we’re lying. It’s hard to hear – but it’s true! While people pleasing can feel like a selfless and noble act of love, it’s really just a strategy we use to avoid discomfort and rejection. Which means that the reason we people please has nothing to do with the people we’re pleasing and everything to do with us!
In this episode, I’m sharing 5 practical tips to stop being a people pleaser. I’m still on this journey myself but I hope this advice will help you begin to strengthen your integrity with yourself and those around you. Even just a small change in your behaviour can make a huge difference!
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why people pleasing is a selfish behaviour
- The real reason that we people please
- Why it’s so important to see what people pleasing is costing you
- How to say no without making excuses
- Why it’s so uncomfortable to stop people pleasing
- What other people will do when you stop people pleasing and why that’s ok
- The power of self-compassion and why it’s needed throughout this process
Featured In The Episode:
- Perfectionists Getting Shit Done – our membership community
- The Life Coach School Podcast with Brooke Castillo
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 165 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast
Join us in Perfectionists Getting Shit Done
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, I highly recommend checking out our membership community Perfectionists Getting Shit Done.
When you join our global community of recovering perfectionists, you’ll get instant access to our ever-growing library of personal development tools designed to help you beat procrastination, overcome perfectionism and become your best self – it includes masterclasses, coaching calls, journaling exercises, workbooks, meditations and more.
And you’ll have the option to learn everything on the go with easy mobile access. Plus with judgement-free support from our beautiful community every step along the way, you’ll never have to feel alone again. It’s time to create the success you deserve.
Join our membership community today at samlaurabrown.com/membership.