Most perfectionists are all too familiar with burnout – as well as the overwhelm, procrastination and guilt that surrounds it. I know I definitely am! For over a decade, I reliably burned out at least once every six months. I felt helpless to the cycle and that the most I could hope for was learn how to spot the signs early.
But now, after more than 2 years without burning out, I can safely say that burnout doesn’t have to be part of your life – even if you’re a recovering perfectionist with A LOT of big goals and a busy schedule. In this episode, I’m sharing the real cause of burnout and how to avoid it. I hope you find it helpful!
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- My personal experience with burnout and the negative impact it had on my life
- The real reason that perfectionists burnout so often
- Why burnout isn’t caused by your to-do list, your busy schedule or lack of sleep
- How to spot the thoughts that are making you feel overwhelmed, before they take over
- The hidden upside to burnout and why it’s so hard to stop
Featured In The Episode:
- Perfectionists Getting Shit Done – our group coaching program
- Episode 141: 3 Signs You’re Secretly Addicted To Chaos
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 177 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast
Join us in Perfectionists Getting Shit Done
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, I highly recommend checking out our group coaching program Perfectionists Getting Shit Done.
When you join our community for recovering perfectionists, you’ll get instant access to our ever-growing library of personal development tools designed to help you beat procrastination, overcome perfectionism and become your best self – it includes masterclasses, coaching calls, journaling exercises, workbooks, meditations and more!
You’ll have the option to learn everything on the go with easy mobile access. Plus with judgement-free support from our beautiful community every step along the way, you’ll never have to feel alone again. It’s time to create the success you deserve.
Join our membership community today at samlaurabrown.com/membership.