In today’s episode I’m going to be sharing 4 practical steps that’ll help you overcome the fear of disappointment.
The fear of disappointment is something that most perfectionists are very familiar with. When your perfectionism handbrake has been on for a long time – you’ve disappointed yourself, you’ve let yourself down, you’ve given up on goals and you’ve not followed through on plans.
It can come to be that you develop the fear of disappointing yourself again in the future. And then you start to do all sorts of weird and wonderful things to try to avoid disappointing yourself again. But this plan doesn’t work out because what you end up doing is creating more disappointment and you still aren’t reaching your goals.
Tune into today’s episode to learn 4 practical steps to overcome the fear of disappointment.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- The real reason you feel disappointed when you don’t achieve your goals
- Whether it’s worth trying to avoid feeling disappointed
- Why setting realistic goals won’t help you to avoid disappointment
- My 4 step process for overcoming the fear of disappointment
Featured In The Episode:
- Join the PGSD waitlist – samlaurabrown.com/pgsd
- FREE Perfectionist Power-Up – https://samlaurabrown.com/power
- Follow me on Instagram @perfectionismproject
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 282 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!