Becoming your best self sounds SO appealing. But what’s rarely talked about is the process you have to go through to get there – and that it’s not rainbows and butterflies.
I’ve been a personal development addict for at least 5 years now and have found that I typically cycle through 3 stages as I continue to improve myself – discovery, implementation and recalibration (aka stagnation).
I thought it might be helpful to share this so that when it feels like you’ve taken a few steps back, you’ll know that nothing has gone wrong. It’s just part of the process.
I also thought it would be helpful in the sense that it will get you reflecting on what stage of personal growth you’re currently in and perhaps a few of the reasons why you’re not seeing the kind of change that you’re hoping for. I hope you find the episode helpful!
Mentioned In The Episode
- My coaching services
- Get Out Of Your Own Way
- Perfect Blogger
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero
- The Law of Attraction Essential Collection by Jerry and Esther Hicks
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
- How to make the most of self-help books
- Tim Ferriss’ podcast interview with Scott Belsky
- Tim Ferriss’ podcast interview with Ann Miura-Ko
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 52 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast