Procrastination is a topic that’s close to many perfectionists’ hearts and most of us are trying to stop the habit by following advice from others. But sometimes, there are pieces of advice that do more harm than good – especially if you have a perfectionist mindset! So in this episode, I’m sharing 3 common procrastination tips that don’t work for perfectionists, why they don’t work and what to do instead. I hope you find it helpful!
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why blocking the internet won’t help you beat procrastination long-term
- The practical way I stop myself from getting distracted when doing deep work
- The reason that changing your environment doesn’t provide long-lasting motivation
- How to be productive regardless of your environment
- Why intellectually knowing that perfection isn’t possible doesn’t actually help
Featured In The Episode:
- Perfectionists Getting Shit Done – our membership community
- Episode 7: How To Stop Procrastinating
- Episode 156: Once A Procrastinator, Always A Procrastinator?
- Episode 160: How To Be More Productive When Working From Home
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 161 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast
Join us in Perfectionists Getting Shit Done
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, I highly recommend checking out our membership community Perfectionists Getting Shit Done.
When you join our global community of recovering perfectionists, you’ll get instant access to our ever-growing library of personal development tools designed to help you beat procrastination, overcome perfectionism and become your best self – it includes masterclasses, coaching calls, journaling exercises, workbooks, meditations and more.
And you’ll have the option to learn everything on the go with easy mobile access. Plus with judgement-free support from our beautiful community every step along the way, you’ll never have to feel alone again. It’s time to create the success you deserve.
Join our membership community today at samlaurabrown.com/membership.