During our 30-Day Stop Overthinking Challenge inside Perfectionists Getting Shit Done, one of our PGSDers asked whether she should feel bad for not following through with her plans. What followed was the advice I’m giving to you in this podcast episode!
If you ever feel guilty for not following through with your plans or you worry that not beating yourself up will make you lazy or complacent – this episode is going to help you understand the difference between beating yourself up and holding yourself accountable and why they’re NOT the same thing. As well as some helpful advice on the most empowering way not to let yourself off the hook.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why beating ourselves up is addictive
- The real reason that beating yourself up won’t motivate you to be better
- How to hold yourself accountable with compassion
- Why following through with your plans is an act of self-care
- What to do when you catch yourself beating yourself up
Featured In The Episode:
- Perfectionists Getting Shit Done – our group coaching program
- Episode 62: How To Stop Negative Self-Talk + Beating Yourself Up
- Episode 84: How To Escape The Self-Pity Cycle
- FREE 5-Day Overcome Perfectionism Challenge
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 199 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!
Subscribe To The Perfectionism Project Podcast
Join us in Perfectionists Getting Shit Done
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, I highly recommend checking out our group coaching program Perfectionists Getting Shit Done.
When you join our community for recovering perfectionists, you’ll get instant access to our ever-growing library of personal development tools designed to help you beat procrastination, overcome perfectionism and become your best self – it includes masterclasses, coaching calls, journaling exercises, workbooks, meditations and more!
You’ll have the option to learn everything on the go with easy mobile access. Plus with judgement-free support from our beautiful community every step along the way, you’ll never have to feel alone again. It’s time to create the success you deserve.
Join our group coaching program today at samlaurabrown.com/membership