I have a non-negotiable rule with my coaching clients – they must have one clear goal they’re working towards. So always, without fail, we do that challenging task in our first call together.
My clients want to set multiple goals, they want to set vague goals, they want to set no goals. And to be honest with you, I find myself squirming away from goals too. If we’re in a fixed mindset, goals make us feel vulnerable. Goals might create evidence that we’re not good enough – so we try to avoid them.
But there’s a very good reason that I insist my clients and the women in my membership have one clear goal to work towards. And that’s what I’m talking about in this episode. Tune in to learn about the point of goals and why they’re so powerful.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why it’s important to have one clear goal, even when you’re resistant to choosing one
- The sneaky ways that perfectionists sabotage their goals
- Why goal-setting and self-worth are not related
- Why I never set myself ‘realistic’ goals
- The difference between striving from ambition and striving from lack
- What will happen if you don’t have goals
Featured In The Episode:
- My 1:1 coaching services
- Get Out Of Your Own Way – Find out more and join here
- Perfectionists Getting Shit Done
- Episode 65: How To Pursue Multiple Goals At Once
- Episode 72: 12 Practical Tips For Setting Powerful Goals
- Episode 79: The Final Update On My Impossible Goal + My Goals For 2019
- Episode 84: How To Escape The Self-Pity Cycle
- Episode 89: How To Turn Any Goal Into A Realistic Action Plan
Listen To The Episode
Listen to the episode on the player above, click here to download the episode and take it with you or listen anywhere you normally listen to podcasts – just find Episode 113 of The Perfectionism Project Podcast!